With Microsoft Teams on your Mac, PC or mobile device, you can:
1. Click on Teams to start running it.
2. Sign in using your Microsoft 365 username and password
Note: Teams is part of Microsoft 365, which requires a license for Microsoft 365 Apps for business or Enterprise license.
To learn more see How do I get access to Microsoft Teams?
Team - group of people, conversations, tools & files – all located in one spot.
Channel – discussion within one team, focused on a department, project or topic
The best way to learn how to use them is to just choose a team & channel, then begin exploring.
(1) Choose Teams on the left side of the app, then choose a team. If you are not already on a team, you can create one. Go to Onboard your teams.
(2) Choose a channel to explore Conversations, Files & other tabs.
How do you start a new conversation with the whole team?
How do you start a new conversation with a person or group?
Visit Microsoft Teams article to learn more about sharing files in Teams.
Microsoft Teams organizes channel conversations by date and puts them into threads.
The threads appear under the initial post, where you can follow multiple conversations at once.
(1) Locate the conversation thread
(2) Then click Reply, type your message, & click Send
Who says work can’t be fun? Click Sticker under the message box & choose a meme or sticker from a wide variety organized in various categories.
You can even upload your own. Emoji features smiley faces & Giphy has animated GIFs.
(1) While in channel conversation, click Attach located below the message box.
(2) Select from Recent, OneDrive, or Upload from my computer.
(3) Choose a file > Share a link. If it’s a file uploaded from your computer, select that file, select Open & then Send. You can keep track of the files you’ve already posted to that channel by clicking on the Files tab.
Note: Not surprisingly, Teams works best with Microsoft Office documents.
@mention someone is a great way to grab a person’s attention during a channel conversation or chat. Here’s how:
(1) Type @then begin typing that person’s name in the message box. You can do the same with entire teams or channels.
(2) Select that person & repeat as many times as you like for multiple mentions. Each person you @mention receives a notification in their Activity feed. Look for a red circle.
To keep track of your notifications…
(1) Click Activity.
(2) Feed provides a summary of the channels you follow.
- Select Filter to show only @mentions or reactions.
- Select Feed > My Activity for a list of all your recent Team activity.
Searches cover every team & channel you are part of.
(1) Type phrase into the command box, found at the top of the app, & click Enter.
(2) Choose Messages, People or Files tab.
(3) Choose an item in search results – or choose More filters to refine your search results further.
You can access files from anywhere. Choose Android, iOS or Windows
To download the Teams mobile app visit Microsoft Teams download page.
Select Help located on the left side of the app. Then choose:
Switch4Teams Ltd is a UK-based, award-winning Unified Communications provider with over 20 years of experience.
Our voice over IP (VoIP) internet-based telephony, Microsoft Teams Direct Routing and UC cloud communication solutions are currently used by 1,000’s of SMEs and partners across the UK.